A couple weeks ago my friend Becca nominated me for the inspiring blogger award. The idea that I’m inspiring to anyone is still new and unsettling, but it’s very encouraging to know that there are people out there who actually pay attention to - and care about - what I write. So thanks to everyone who listens to the small things I have to say. As part of this I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself, but I think lists are boring so I figured I’d change it up a little and turn it into a game. We’re going to play Two Truths and a Lie. I'm going to tell you nine things about myself. Six of them will be true but three of them will be lies. If you think you can spot the tall tales, give it your best shot in the comments. All clear? Then let’s play.
- I’m over a foot shorter than my husband.
- The first car I ever hit was a Jaguar.
- The first stitches I ever had were in my tongue.
- I’m a Texan by birth.
- I have a hot foot and a cold foot.
- I have eaten kangaroo, alligator, crocodile, veal, octopus, squid, swordfish, and bison.
- I have sky-dived, bungee-jumped, and white-water rafted while here in Colorado.
- I was a crew member on a 135 year old tall ship.
- My husband proposed to me under the Century Tree at Texas A&M (our alma mater).
Any guesses? Stay tuned next week for the answers.